Translation

Thursday, November 15, 2012

We live in such a negative world......

Okay, this is something I normally don't complain about but today I am. I AM SO FUCKING FED UP WITH THESE FACEBOOK PSA's!!!!! THEY NEED TO GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK!!!!!

There are a couple people on my facebook news feed that really like to strongly voice opinions that are very touching subjects to some people. One friend is EXTREMELY conservitive and is not happy that Obama was reelected into office. So he goes on and starts posting very negative things about democrats, how republicans are better, how the country is shit, and it's really pissing me off! Some of the things he say are also just plain stupid! I am neither republican or democrat, I am independent. Personally though there shouldn't be parties, there should be AMERICA. ONE NATION. Not a bunch of divided parties that fight all the time.

That's another thing that pisses me off. The reputation of the United States. We have one of the worst reputations in the world. We are greedy, selfish, fat, lazy, uncaring, and violent. We really are and it's not a good thing to be known for. I want to travel the world one day and I am going to be embarrassed when I say I am an American cause I know I will be automatically judged. I don't want to be judged as the stupid american, I shouldn't be ashamed of my country but I am...

Another thing that has been pissing me off to no end is the religious posts. I understand free speech and all but COME ON!! DON'T BE POSTING OFFENSIVE STUFF ON FACEBOOK!!! I am a Christian and proud of it, but I am also respective of other religions. I like to talk about them and learn their stories and how they live their lives. The Hinduism and Buddhism are fascinating to me, they connect so well with their bodies and spirits that it's just mind blowing. Once you start offending me and not caring, then I get pissed! One of my BEST FRIENDS posts very anti-christian things and posts at the top "If you get offended, I don't care." SERIOUSLY????????? If you want to stay my friend you will RESPECT MY VIEWS!!!! I respect yours! I try my best to respect everyones views whether you are a Christian, Muslim, Jew, Hindu, Atheist, Freethinker, Buddhist, or one with the earth, I will respect you and what you believe in. Just don't go and bash my own religion and not care what I think. That will just push me away from you no matter how close we may be. It's hurtful and disrespectful and just stupid. I don't do that, I don't go around saying that God is the only one and that every other religion is wrong, or that something within the religion is wrong. I DON'T DO THAT SO WHY SHOULD YOU?????? I was so tempted to unfriend soooo many people today...

Another thing about being a Christian is they have a bad reputation as well... there are countries I cannot visit because I am a Christian and i would be in danger. That hurts me deeply! I want to go to Jerusalem one day but I cannot because of so much religious conflict.

It seems that everything I am, an American Christian, is viewed very negatively. I don't want that, I want to be known as someone who will respect you for whoever you may be. If you are an African Jew that is fine with me, if you are an Indian Hindu that's fine with me, if you are an American Muslim that's fine with me! Be whoever you wanna be, just don't go making others think the way you do...

I'm sorry, my rants on these kinds of topics are annoying for me because I shouldn't have to complain about them. This world has turned into something so negative that it is ridiculous. I'm not trying to preach about 'World Peace' or anything like that, I just want there to be some respect for each other. Respect for where we are from, respect for our beliefs, and respect for who we are as a person.

That's all for today.
Time to go work on my finals stuff. I hope everyone has a good day today.

hugs and kisses
Anna xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment