Translation

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Getting old too fast

So today I had an orthopedic appointment to see what was wrong with my hip. Recently I have been having severe hip pain that had my crying in class once. I decided to get some xrays to see what was wrong and they did find something. Apparently I have Hip Dysplacia and Lumbar Spondylosis. My spine is in a straight line, it doesn't curve like a normal spine. My hip is a weird one, where the ball is supposed to meet the hip socket is out of place. The normal hip has the leg ball in the socket at a 120 degree angle, but mine is going in at a 160 degree. Almost completely straight up.


My hip is supposed to look like this

Instead the ball is half out of the hip joint.

What this means is that my hip will degenerate faster. I'll have arthritis within a few years, I'll have pain, and I'll probably need a hip replacement by the time I am 40.

I am taking physical therapy now to try and help this. If it doesn't do anything I will need to keep up physical therapy. If it gets worse I will need to start cortisone shots. What fun does this sound like???

In a way I am grateful for knowing. This means that there really is something wrong and that we can try to make the pain stop. It's not just in my head. So now I have to be extremely careful with what I do and hopefully the pain will stop.

That's all I have for today, have a great day everyone!!!

Hugs and kisses
Anna xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment