Translation

Saturday, May 25, 2013

New job

So recently I got a job at the Hershey Lodge as a seasonal concierge. I have part time benefits but full time hours. I am gonna be getting overtime and I am paid a good amount of money so I'm not complaining too much. Just about how my feet hurt. I have to stand at a desk for 8.5 hours five days a week.

So for the past three days I have been working mornings. Three days ago a woman who was obviously from Jersey comes to the desk asking some questions. This was only my second day of work so I was still learning a lot. She asked me something I didn't know and so I asked my trainer. She looks at me and asks if I am new. I said yes I was, just started. She replies with, "So you don't know anything?" I said I was still learning everything but I'd help her with what I knew. She says no and walks away.  Yesterday she and her husband came to the desk and asked a coworker who has been there since 2007 some questions. Her husband asks me something I didn't know and the woman tells him, "Oh they don't know anything cause they are new." My coworker since 2007 was there. WTF???
Anyways today she comes back to my desk and by today I know a lot more, I have my own computer log in, I've worked with customers, answered phone calls, questions, etc. She asks me something I knew, realizes it's me and says, "Oh you're new." She then turns to the coworker standing next to me and ignores me like I never existed. I hope she checks out tomorrow....

I can tell this job is going to be fun, entertaining and quite interesting. There will be some tough guests but I will do my best with what I know. I really like all the girls I'm working with. They are very nice, help me when I need it, answer questions I don't know and make sure I am learning things properly. :)

Anyways I am watching Monty Python and going to be going to bed. I've worked over 30 hours this week and I will be starting my 40 hour week schedule tomorrow. Actually I will probably be working over 40 hours. I have been told overtime is given often in the concierge area because we are needed from 6AM to 11PM.

So I'm going to be turning in. Goodnight bloggers!

Hugs and kisses
Anna xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment