Translation

Monday, January 9, 2012

BIIIIIIIIIIIIG decision to consider...

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo I have been thinking about this for almost two monthsish and I KNOW am asking people's opinions on what they think.

So next year I am going to Lenoir-Rhyne University and planning on majoring in Business and minoring in Music. For my major I would like to take that to a big city like New York, Chicago, San Francisco, and open my own Event Planning Business. I would eventually like to focus on weddings but I am going broad with events to start off. I want to start off in a hotel or a resort out of school as the event planner there (i would basically plan any event taking place there). Anyways... where I'm going with this is I am SERIOUSLY considering opening my own small event planning business right now. Here in Pennsylvania. And what I want is your opinion, should I do this?? I have looked at both good and bad things with this.

Good:
1. I would get my feet wet in the business
2. I would get experience
3. Extra income of money for myself
4. With graduation coming up I could help plan the party's
5. It would get my name out there (sorta)
6. I would have stuff for my portfolio

Bad:
1. I'm only 18 and not experienced enough to pull this off
2. No one would use me as their planner
3. This could actually make me lose money
4. I will be going to college in the fall and may not have time for this

I would LOVE to do this and it would really help me get some extra money for college and extra things like gas. I really need to start getting more money, I'm a super poor person and I am only buying gas!! I REALLY got to save up a LOT more for college, and with the salary I'm making now I won't save up much. It will all be gone first semester with books.

But here is my idea! I would really love your opinions both good and bad. I would like to start this soon if I will be doing this.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a good idea, but it would be hard to get business... I think if you post fliers around school, then you might get business for graduation parties... You could also try putting an ad in the paper, if you can scrape together the money somehow... I could help with the catering if you get a job that's not too big ;p

    ReplyDelete